Friday 28 February 2014

Oman - Glamping in Musandam (I)

Oman, Musandam, swim wear, bikini cover up, fashion blog, glamping Musandam, Mountains I can think of no better place to have had my first camping experience than surrounded by mountains, dolphins and the most incredible landscape I have ever seen!

A couple of weeks ago, a friend popped by and invited me to join in on a 4-5 hour road trip to Musandam in Oman, after which we would spend a night camping on a private beach. Being the 'try-everything-once' girl that I am, I eagerly said YES! and I'm so glad I did. We had a ridiculously early start of 7am, but it was worth it as it meant we had the bulk of the day to enjoy this spectacular view.
mountains, travel, travel blogger, uae blogger oman travel
I spent the bulk of the road trip asleep, however, as soon as we got to Musandam, I perked up to enjoy the spectacular scenery as we drove down surrounded by mountains on one side and the ocean on the other.
IMG_8262 middle east travel, travel, camping, glamping
Just as we were getting cabin fever on the coach, it was time to get on the Dhow, a traditional middle eastern boat just like the one below.
camping in musandam, dhow cruise, oman
We spent the day floating on the ocean, enjoying the sun and feeling super thankful for the experience!
IMG_8267 camping in oman
Just when we thought it couldn't get better, the dolphins arrived!
dolphins in oman dolphins
Who says camping cant be done in style? :-) My bikini cover up was from a souk in Dubai, and the head band was also from a random sea-side store in Ibiza.
bikini cover up, sheer coverup, uk fashion blogger, IMG_8347 IMG_8284 IMG_8264 IMG_8263 IMG_8265

There is no way pictures can capture the incredible beauty of Musandam, but I hope I managed somewhat! What do you guys think? After spending the day doing nothing but snorkelling and floating around (you don't need to see the embarrassing pictures of me in the sea complete with flippers!), we finally got to hit the beach for a super fun night! That will be covered in part II, please return to check that out!

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9 March 2014 at 03:06 , Blogger Ms zee said...

Thank you very much for your blog, you have inspired me to travel to different places. :) You are Beautiful

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

AllisBelle - A Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle Blog: Oman - Glamping in Musandam (I)

This page has moved to a new address.

Oman - Glamping in Musandam (I)